FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
166 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Is there a possibility to generate a permanent link to the webUI, even after a reboot?

I use many RUT240 routers in a mobile battery-driven application and after every change of batteries, I have to create a new webUI link to have control over the input/output configuration.

DDNS is not working for me because I don't get a public IP by the mobile provider.

Does anyone have another idea to remotely control the output except for SMS-control?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For the situation of yours that you want to implement, we do have a 3rd party VPN platform called Zerotier that allows you to connect the RUT device to their network and they will assign a Managed IP address to the devices connected to it, and from that, you will be able to reach the RUT device anywhere as long as the device that you are using is also connected on the same zerotier network. 

You can refer to this link to have more information about it:
ZeroTier VPN functionality | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
ZeroTier Configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow