FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
221 views 5 comments
by anonymous
I have the Rut 950 on my boat to maintain an internal wireless network. An AIS device is connected via Wifi and sends a continuous datastream (NMEA data), which will be received by my notebook, iPad and iPhone (also connected wireless) for navigation, etc.

Sometimes the setup works for hours (or days), sometimes the connection is lost every 10 to 20 minutes. In the log I can see that the AIS device is connected and after 5 sec connected again (problem is that the navigation software needs a manual reconnect everytime).

Latest firmware has just been installed (not keeping the settings): RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3

What could be the possible cause ? Another observation: it seems that connection when boat is not moving is more stable than when the boat is sailing.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

May i know what device you are using to send GPS data because Rut950 doesn't have GPS feature.

Make sure your GPS is under sky , have you tried to change the location if it works?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
Hi Ahmed,

the GPS data come from an AIS device called EASY TRX3 by Weatherdock. The outgoing data stream is uninterrupted from this device, no problem there. The problem lies within the WIFI network for sure.

Rgds

Thorsten
by anonymous
Hello,

May i know if you are using both the wifi antennas provided in the box ?

Thanks.
by anonymous
yes, both antennas.

Rgds
by anonymous
Hello,

Check if the antennas are properly inserted and tight.

Otherwise you can re-flash device firmware in a bootloader menu.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Thanks.
by anonymous
Hi,

I have no Ethernet possibility on my MacBook, need to wait until I am back home.

Rgds