FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
126 views 0 comments
by anonymous

HI There

RUT240 FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.13.2

One particlar  site I manage reconnects to 4G many times  each day - sometimes 6-7. But not as a result of ping reboot or periodic reboot.

Signal strength -67dbm - I notice that sometimes it is connected to Band 3 - 1800mhz and other times Band 28 - 700mhz . Could this be the issue?  If the two bands are of similar signal strength is this likely to occur? Should I  lock to a band? Say Band 3. I assume this would mean that if Band 3 dropped out for some reason (fault on the network) it wouldnt fall back. 

thoughts?

Ian 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You should really lock your bands if you see them inconsistently jumping from one to another. Locking your bands will not only help you get the stability in signal but also in download / upload speeds.

Please do check what cell is the closest to you locally and find which band is being broadcasted - lock into it.

EB.