FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
466 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

is it possible to translate Modbus RTU Data (on RS485 Port) to Modbus TCP and vice versa?

I need to connect the 485 Port of Rut955 to read Modbus RTU data from Modbus TCP Device,

So in my case, the RS485 Port of RUT955 is "slave", the ModbusTCP Device is Slave, RUT955 is TCP Master.

Configuration as Gateway sets the RS485 Port as master... did not work for me..

Read data from device <---- RS485data <----- RUT955 <---- ModbusTCPdata <---- ModbusTCP Device

Thanx a lot for your suggestions and have a nice day ;-)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this question of yours,  If what I understand is correct your want to connect a device via RS485 to the RUT955 and get the Modbus Data from it? If this is correct you can get the Modbus data via Modbus Serial Master then you can send it via TCP/IP protocol either via HTTP(S) or MQTT using the Modbus Data to Server option. 

Or the other way around is using the RS485 mode Modbus gateway where its like the WAN IP address of RUT955 will be used to listen to the RS485 device on port 502 (Modbus default port). 

You can read more information in the following links: 

RUT955 RS485 - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUT955 Modbus - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)
RUT955 Data to Server - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow