FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
655 views 1 comments
by anonymous
When manually configuring an OpenVPN client with tls-auth and a valid key, setting the "Key Direction" field in the GUI to 1 is not applied to the configuration.

Errors are still generated during VPN initialisation to say the the key-direction setting must be specified as 0 or 1

However, if you import an ovpn file with the setting inside, it works.

Workaround is to have a hybrid solution with an ovpn file containing some settings including the key-direction 1 field, and the Username/Password for tls-auth in the GUI section.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the issue, you are having. As from what I understood from everything you explain manually configuring the RUTX12 OpenVPN config the VPN won't be established because of the tls-auth direction that you manually set. But if you import the file and upload it to RUTX12 it is connecting to it without any problems correct?

In this case, could you send me a copy of the troubleshoot file when the RUTX12 is configured manually and when the RUTX12 has the imported ovpn file. You can it to me via pm.

Thanks

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

I have the same problem.
if i use tls-auth option via web interface then the openvpn configuration fails.

I downloaded the configuration via SCP and it says the following:

client
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
tls-client
auth sha1
ca /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.R33.caR33_CA.crt
cert /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.R33.certHPU003.crt
cipher AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo yes
dev tun_c_R33
keepalive 10 120
key /etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.R33.keyAggregaat.pem
port 1194
proto udp
remote ***private***
resolv-retry infinite
status /tmp/openvpn-status_R33.log
tls-auth 1 // here i am missing the file location or if the file is inline then missing the option "key-direction"
verb 5
data-ciphers BF-CBC
auth-nocache
script-security 2
down /etc/openvpn/updown.sh
up /etc/openvpn/updown.sh
route 192.168.33.0 255.255.255.0

also when uploading the tls-key file. after saving, the file is not visible in the web interface.

I also have problems with the uploaded certificates via the

CERTIFICATES MANAGER. these certificates are not visible in the openvpn settings.

if I upload an openvpn configuration with inline certificates, everything works fine

I use a RUT955 with firmware version RUT9_R_00.07.00

EDIT:
I found out that the uploaded certificates from the certificate manager are not displayed because the information "type" is missing. I manually modified the JSON file via the CLI. now the certificates are displayed with the openvpn configuration