FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
604 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi folks

FINALLY got my split tunnel working but need static routes to do it 

I created them in the CLI and I know that it works . Then I rebooted, and they were not 
persisted. OK - lets use the GUI :

OK - 4 created - [SAVE and APPLY] - Configuration applied 

Ping the remote vpnhosts - nothing , nada, zip !!!

Check the routing table in the CLI :

And there they......aren't ?????

What gives ? 

It could be argued that I need to reboot ? ([EDIT] Just tried it - it didn't fix the problem! ) but I don't need to reboot for route add -net

in CLI so why should I have to reboot to apply static routes via the gui ?

[EDIT] Routing table after reboot: 

It seems this is a MASSIVE Flaw ? a router that cannot static route ???? OOPS! 

Regards 

BB

by anonymous

As proof that my observations are correct and there is no issue in my config / the underlying OS

I am SERIOUSLY SHOCKED ! 

regards

BB

by anonymous

And if the above wasnt embarrasing enough for Teltonika

I tried to login today via the VPN and found it down 

I got the driver to VPN his laptop into the office and used remote desktop into the router

This was what I found 

That's right - not only were the static routes not working, but something had deleted them
from the GUI ???

If this were my product, I would only have considered releasing this firmware as alpha - I would be glowing
red with embarrassment that it had found its way into production devices!

Regards

the #speechless

BB

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue as my added static routes were there and they were working (and they were in the table when i executed route -n). Even after the reboot, my route was there and didn't disappear anywhere.

Could you please tell me, have you updated to 07.00 with kept settings or was that a clean install without keeping the settings?

Also, there were no additional reports around this issue of yours, so it seems that you're alone who's having this issue. Please reflash your router with the same firmware without keeping the settings and try configuring everything again, as I can't reproduce the issue.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi, I have an RUTX10 with R_00.07.03.4 firmware. When i upgraded the firmware i did not kept my settings.

I cannot set static routes via the GUI. When clicking "add", the new route seem to be saved, but when navigating away from the page and coming back, the row is there but the values have disappeared.

Setting the route via the CLI is working. Once set via the CLI, the routes appears in Status > Routes , but they do not appear in Network > Routing > Static Routes

I was having a hard time figuring out when my network was not working. Finally finding this issue and using the CLI made my network work.

Another hurdle I had was to access the CLI. If you try to login with the login "admin" and the correct password you get "can't change directory to '/user' " . Not really helpful. This is not obvious that you should use "root" with the password of "admin" . Yes i should have re-read the manual after a long time of not using it, but it is not intuitive!

Regards

sc
by anonymous

For anyone arriving here, setting the route with route add -net will not persist a reboot. You need to follow openWRT i.e either use the uci command line or use text editor https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/base-system/uci#common_principles