FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
415 views 8 comments
by anonymous

I have a RUT900 that was fitted with firmware version 1.

I am trying to update the version, but for any version newer than RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3, the SIM card is shown as "not inserted" in the overall view, and as "PIN required. 3 attempts left." in the Network view. 

The change list (https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT900_Firmware_Downloads) does not mention any change in the SIM card area.

I need to use at least version 06.07 for I want to use the port mirroring that is only available since this version. 

The system information shows :

Router name RUT900
Host name Teltonika-RUT900.com
Router model Teltonika RUT900 3G
Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 3.0.1

The device information shows : 

Serial number 06083524
Product code RUT900001010
Batch number 0003
Hardware revision 0202

Is this a known bug? Any workaround?

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the RUT9XX Firmware 6.08.3 are you still having the same issues. The firmware RUT9XX 7.0 doesn't have support for the non-facelifted RUT9XX devices.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Hello,

Regarding the troubleshoot file you sent kindly provide proper network signal to the device because from the troubleshoot file you sent the signal quality is really poor you need to connect both mobile antenna to the device and test it again.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

I have tested verison 6.08.03 today again. I get the same behaviour as earlier. The sim card state is 

SIM card slot in use SIM 1 (PIN required. 3 attempts left.

I tried to remove and re-insert the SIM card

I re-entered the PIn code in the appropriate box of the configuration page of the WebUI.
I tried to select the SIM 2 slot, and then the state is "SIM not inserted".
So the firmware senses the presence of the SIM but is unable to send it the PIN code for some reason.
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes, any version including 06.08.3 does the same: the sim card is considered non inserted.
by anonymous
Hi,

If this issue occurs try turning off the device and try to reinsert the sim card after doing so turn on the device again.

Regards,
Mellow
0 votes
by anonymous

I tried removing and reinserting the sim card, but with the same result. Here is the Mobile information page after boot up:

Mobile Information

Mobile  SIM card slot in use: SIM 1

Data connection state Disconnected

(.....)

Sim card state PIN required. 3 attempts left.

Signal strength 0 dBm

Cell ID 91726532

Operator N/A

Operator state Denied

(.....)

by anonymous
Hi,

Kindly share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file when the said sim card is working in the old firmware and a troubleshoot file when the sim card is not working in the 6.08.3 firmware.

Regards,
Mellow
0 votes
by anonymous

Here is the link to the two troubleshoot files:

https://we.tl/t-HCeVacYIuk

Thanks for analyzing them.

by anonymous
Could you donwload these files?
0 votes
by anonymous
Anyone has a clue about this problem?
by anonymous
Still no idea why the versions 6.06 and above do not work on my hardware?
by anonymous

Hello,

Sim card state PIN required. 3 attempts left. message from your previous comment indicates that you need to enter the SIM card's PIN code. To do so, navigate to Network -> Mobile, enter the PIN there, save and apply.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Of course i entered the PIN into the parameter interface of the RUT900. I did a systematic test of every version I could download, with the following results:

The versions:

do work. on the contrary, versions

are said to be compatible, but do not work: the SIM card is not detected.

From version 7 upwards, the bootstrap loader says that this version is not compatible. At least this is clear.

I also tried the latest version, 6.08.3. I does the same, 

Data connection Disconnected
State Unregistered; N/A; N/A
SIM card slot in use SIM 1 (PIN required. 3 attempts left.)
Bytes received/sent * 0 B / 0 B

Though in the Network/Mobile menu, I have the PIN box filled with the correct PIN number, just as I do with all the other versions.

Same for version 06.09.1.

What is wrong, then ?