FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
336 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

a question from a newbie user. i have a brandnew RUTX11, firmware is the new 0.7.0 .

As my data-sim-card does not allow sending SMS, i try to get the SMS answer as email.

Example: i send an SMS with "gps", but instead of getting the coordinates, i get an email with the content "gps". In this rule authorization is switched to NO.

In SMS Gateway-> Forwarding to email config these parameters are set: enable:ON, Forward SMS utilities rules: ON, Don't save: OFF,

Should i set another parameter in an other window?

Thanks

Utz

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It's because SMS forwarding to Email works differently. If you enable it along with SMS utilities - you must configure SMS utilities to send SMS to itself (same number that is used in the RUTX11 SIM). After that SMS forwarding to email will receive the full message and forward it to the email. And this will not work for you, as you said, your SIM is not able to send SMS's, so it won't trigger itself to send an email with the full message. "Forward SMS-utilities rules" is an option to forward the command you send, not the response.

If you want your SMS utilities to send emails - I believe it would be some additional work, which would cost too.

EB.
by anonymous
But when i enable "SMS Forwarding to email" all received SMS are forwarded, also those going to the utilities.

So why is the enabling of "Forward SMS-Utilities rules" just doing the same ?? That makes no sense....

Shall i configure each rule in the utilities to send an SMS to its own number? Won't that cause a loop? There is a warning of not using the own number...
by anonymous

There's not going to be a loop as you're setting up SMS utility to send the SMS to itself, not SMS forwarding to SMS.

This way it will send the response of status to itself and SMS forwarding to Email will be active and you'll get the message in your email.

That's where the process stops and doesn't loop.

EB.

by anonymous
i checked it:

modified the rule "send status" with no authorization, send status to other number: number of router-sim.

i still get the same email twice with content: status . No more text....

Any hints? I think it is very usefull to have the possibility to trigger Emails with infos of the system and should work with a router of this class....

And to think about: when the system is answering the "sms utilities by sms", for what should the "utilities forwarding by email" be usefull?? You wrote sms forwarding works only, when sms may be sent. That is senseless, in that case i don't need an extra email...

SMS sending mostly cost a lot extra, or is not possible and the length is restricted (so full status is not possible).

So please find a way, that it is possible to let the utilities send the answer by mail instead of sms !!!!!