FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
316 views 11 comments
by anonymous
As long as I have 1 wireless client profile, I can set failover mode to use wireless as the uplink with a fallback to mobile.

When I add a second wireless client profile, it no longer connects to wireless. In fact the wireless connection (even at full strength) doesn't even get an IP address anymore (and as a result can not ping to do the failover).

Any ideas what would be causing this ?

Using an RUT-360 with the latest firmware.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

For the issue, you are having could you elaborate on what you want to do. From the information you shared you want to have multiple wireless stations? Or it's a different thing? Kindly share with me a drawing or sketch of the solution you want to implement.

A copy of the troubleshoot file also will be an additional help.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Sadly that's exactly what I did : I scanned for 1 network and connected to it. Then I drove to the other place, added that one, but then neither network would work anymore.

Would you be able to share part of your configuration file ? Maybe I can compare with what I have and see where it might differ.
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you share with me a copy of your troubleshooting file? So that I can check also. :)

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

This is what it looks like right now :

by anonymous

As you can see, there is a wifi connection active, but in the failover screen the status is Offline, even though it is at the top.

When I log in via the CLI and do 'ip a', I get :
So even though the connection is active, it doesn't seem to get an IP. As soon as I remove the second wifi, it works just fine.
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you share with me a copy of the troubleshoot file of the RUT360 where you connected both Access Points in different locations?
I will need to check the configuration you made.

Regards,
Mellow