FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,790 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello

I have a new RUT360, with the latest firmware version RUT36X_R_00.07.00. It is on the EE network in the UK.  When I put its SIM card in my phone I immediately get 4G+ (carrier aggregation) and about 60Mbps down, 15-20Mbps up.

I have identified the mast that both phone and RUT360 are connecting to, and it has bands B3 and B7 as you would expect.  However, by default the RUT360 only connects in 'single' mode to band B3.  This gives about 9Mbps down and about 5Mbps up. I have checked the APN settings.

If I set band selection to manual and select B7, I get about 40Mbps down, and about 8Mbps up.  I have left it like that for a few days and the signal is solid - the mast is only 700m away, with a clear view.

I'm using the internet access partly to support security cameras on the site of a vulnerable (and slightly remote) non-profit, so I would like as much upload speed as possible, and I have two questions.

1. Why am I not getting carrier aggregation, when the two bands have strong signals and it is supported by my provider?

2. Is it possible to 'prioritise' a band?  At the moment there is no chance of carrier aggregation working because I have had to disable band B3.  If I could tell the RUT360 to prioritise band B7 then I could leave everything switched on in the hope that carrier aggregation would suddenly start working...?

Thank you in advance for your help!
by anonymous
If it makes any difference, the Huawei B535 that the RUT360 is replacing did get 4G+/Carrier Aggregation.

Unfortunately, the whole thing slowed down over time - particularly if lots of devices were connected - and I couldn't make it auto-reboot reliably...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

For this issue of yours the supported bands for Carrier Aggregation with RUT360 is listed below: 

2xCA: B1+B1/B5/B8/B20/B28
B3+B3/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28
B7+B5/B7/B8/B20/B28
B20+B322
B38+B38
B40+B40
B41+B41

Since your ISP CA band is B3 + B7 could you try doing band locking for these bands? 
You can do it by navigating to Network > Mobile > Network Bands > Manual 

You can refer to this link for more information: RUT360 Mobile - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results. 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Thank you Mellow

I did try locking to those bands, but CA still didn't work and that gave me another problem...

B3 is slow, and B7 is fast.  (They both have 10Mbps upload speeds though, which is why I want CA.)

If I lock to those two bands but CA doesn't work, for some reason the RUT360 defaults to B3 - the slow one.

If I could 'prioritise' B7, then I could leave it like that?

Thank you!
by anonymous
Hi,

If you want to prioritize B7 untick the other bands so that you will be locked in B7.

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous

But really I want to prioritize:

1. Carrier Aggregation

2. B7

With what you've said, if I remove B3 then I'll never get CA - is that right?

by anonymous

Hi, 

There is a possibility of CA but CA is automatically enabled when the device is getting good signal quality from the ISP provider. The device can do CA even though you only selected B7 as what is mentioned in the supported bands of the LTE module itself. 

It can do CA in B7 as follows: B7+B5, B7+B7, B7+B8, B7+B20, and B7+B28

I hope it helps

Regards,

Mellow

by anonymous

Thank you again Mellow - this is really helpful.

May I ask another question though, although it may just be me being hopeful...

You mention that the device will do CA even with only B7 selected, but will it do B7 + B3?  B3 + B7 is listed, but not B7 + B3 - and I don't know what the difference is...  frown

by anonymous
Hello,

Hmmm.. B7+B5/B7/B8/B20/B28  this one is like the part for B7 in CA there is no B3 in that list so it cannot do CA with B3 but B7 can do CA with B5, B7, B8, B20, and B28.

I hope this clears everything :)

Regards,
Mellow