FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
217 views 2 comments
by anonymous
We are having some issues with newer firmware versions not supporting iprange anymore. This is an issue with our configuration. We can get around it by setting custom routing rules, which do work, but then we have to manually create rules in the webui for all teltonika's, which is a lot of work. Subnet masks work, but aren't the right method for our situation, as it would open up way more ip addresses than we want.

Now, my thought process was, that if I can export the iptables list, I could import it at other devices. But the RUT955 uses Busybox and that's not supported. Now, I'm a bit at a loss right now. Is there an easy way to convert the line below to for example a custom rule?

zone_wan_dest_ACCEPT tcp -- 10.10.202.173 anywhere /* !fw3: allow 3 */

If that could be inserted somehow into the custom rules in the webui, I could modify it easily to include all addresses.

I hope someone can help me.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I believe the only way to do this would be to have your own made script that would translate these lines format into a format that could be executed in CLI. So basically you need to identify parts of the line you copied, insert them into iptables format, and execute it when it's all in place.

EB.
by anonymous

That shouldn't be necessary. 

I was playing around and iptables -S gives me a decent result that I can put iptables in front of to get a result that at least looks ok. 

So I end up with this: 

iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.10.202.170/32 -p tcp -m comment --comment "!fw3:10.10.202.170" -j zone_wan_dest_ACCEPT

But putting that in the custom rules doesn't seem to work. The line gets added to iptables, but it doesn't seem to work

by anonymous
Did you try with iptables -I instead of iptables -A ?