FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
330 views 7 comments
by anonymous

I run RUTX_R_00.07.00 on RUTX09.

When I change profile to a new profile for which the default SIM is not the one currently in use, I have no SIM switch to default SIM and it keeps running on SIM in use.
With the previous FW this was working, i.e. there was switch to default SIM when applying a new profile.
Unfortunatly no workaround possible with the new "switch back to default SIM" as it overides data limit as you can see here.
Edit: It seems there is a more general issue with profiles. When applying a profile it seems old configuration is kept, such profile functionality seems to not work at all anymore:
I performed the following test from factory reset :
Modify default configuration, then create a new profile from this one and apply it. Change default SIM (to SIM2) and save. Then come back to default profile, then we can observe configuration is unchanged especially default SIM remains SIM2 while it was SIM1 in default profile.

by anonymous
Also running RUTX09 with (at 1 December 2021) up to date firmware (RUTX_R_00.07.00)

I too am unable to change the default sim card by a change of profile.
Just to be sure I followed the instructions in the following link: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/16992/hello-is-it-possible-to-schedule-switch-sim-with-week-and-day. This does not work.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

I tried to test it on my side.

The sim switch on data limit works fine for me.

But when i create different profiles each profile gets the same configuration if i edit one profile all the profiles gets the same configuration.

I will consult for this issue with team.

For the sim switch please try to explain more if i can replicate the issue on my side again.

I tried to replicate but it worked fine for me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous

From a factory reset it is just impossible to create a different profilae as any change apply to other profile. Really big issue , as Profiling doesn't work anymore !!!

I think you cannot anymore get a SIM switch by applying a profile with different default SIL setting as since FW.07 it is not possible anymore to get different configuration in profile, including default SIM setting

Formerly , I didn't notice profiling was no more effective and before I applied a factory reset (because of this FW .07 other issue), I tried to switch to a profile formerly created on the previous FW version, and I was able to see different default SIM on legacy profile but no SIM switch occured when I changed for this old profile.

I guess to reproduce, you need to create on the previous FW some profile with different default SIM. Then upgrade to FW .07 and switch to a profile (created with previous FW) which uses a different default SIM.

Honnestly I think this is linked with the general profile issue with FW .07.

by anonymous
Hello,

Consulting with R&D.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hello,

Filed a bug report for the issue.

I will update you once there is an update.

Thanks.
by anonymous
Hello,

I have shared a test firmware file in private message .

Issue seems to be resolved , please let me know the results.

Thanks.
by anonymous

Hi, I have tested FW you sent me.
It seems that we can now modify active profile without affecting other profiles BUT there are some issues when applying a profile:

1. If I create 2 profiles with only different default SIM, when I swith to other profile, the SIM card is unchanged and I need to perform a device reboot to get it applied.
  2. From reboot, when I applied the other profile and going in WebUI to Network/Interface/MOB1SxA1, strangely MOBILE DATA LIMIT section disappeared making e.g. impossible to reset Data counters (which still doesn't work automatically see here)
  3. I also still encounter the same issue as reported here

Overall, now if profile is well recorded it si not applied correctly until device is rebooted

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will get back to you.

Thanks