FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
410 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello.

I successfully use TRB140 in the bridge mode for about a month Till now I have two problems.

1. The device itself is unable to reach anything in the internet. NTP does not synchronize, FOTA server cannot be found. RMS reports Failed to resolve hostname If I change it to IP, report is modiified to Network is unreachable. The router behind is satisfied as well all devices connected to the router, for them everything works. I tried to add 8.8.8.8 in DNS forwarding without any success. After upgrading FW to 07.00 nothing has been changed.
  2. Time to time after the reboot router does not receive WAN IP address, but stays on 192.168.2.X. I understand, that this address is changed after receiving the IP from the operator. The problem is that after receiving it, TRB140 does not send it to the router time to time. I solved this by changing the leased time from 12 hours to 15 minutes on TRB140 side and TRB140  now resends IP after 7-8 minutes. That interval is acceptable because it does not happen every day. But it is a workaround not a solution
by anonymous
Solution found. I changed its mode from Bridge to PassThrough. And RMS founds its servers. I have to check other things, like lan-lan VPNs from the router behind and so on

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

That is correct, with Bridge RMS will not work and the only way to connect to your device with RMS is passthrough mode.

Glad you found your solution.

EB.
by anonymous
Thank you for the confirmation. The difference between Bridge and PassTrough in your Wiki may contain such kind of information, it would be usefull.

The second problem persits even in the PassThrough mode. The received WAN IP address from the operator is not always propagated to LAN, time to time router still has 192.168.2.X and must wait for the new lease.
by anonymous
Do you mean that sometimes WAN IP is leased from the local subnet and the passthrough does not lease the operator given IP?

EB.
by anonymous
Yes. I made a lot of tests and so I have to reboot the device many times. As I do not have a fixed IP on my SIM, Vodafone changes the IP every time. My router gets from TRB140 192.168.2.X as its IP and after few seconds receives the correct WAN address which was given by the operator. Time to time (I would say once in 10 trials) TRB140 receives IP, knows it but does not send it to the router and it is stil on 192.168.2.X.

I can send manualy a request form the router to renew the address but it must by done by hand. The second soultion is to set a low leased time on TRB140 so it resends automatically. But it seems to me to be a bug.