FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
353 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I recently discovered that my RUTX11 (RUTX_R_00.07.00) cannot accept more than 32 wireless clients in its AP WIFI 2.4GHz.

Any new wireless client request for a connection above 32 simply gets rejected.

For example, if I try to connect a smartphone as the 33rd wireless client, I received an error message "Network Unavailable - Try again later". However, if I manually disconnect an already connected client bringing the total number of connected clients from 32 to 31, the same smartphone connects to WiFI 2.4GHz without issue. 

RUTX specs sheet indicates that is capable of serving 150 wireless clients, a lot more than the 45 WIFI 2.4GHz currently in use.

I also made sure the RUTX111 DHCP server settings allow for 150 IP address for device connection.

Your expert assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sergio

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. It could be that something was changed or done, but I've sent the issue description to RnD and await their response on this matter. While we're waiting, could you confirm that before 07.00 you could connect more?

EB.
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot positively confirm there was no issue in earlier FW versions as I upgraded to v07.00 at almost the same time I added 4 WiFi devices to my home network. However, I did experience "random" disconnections of various wireless clients in v02.06.01 which puzzled me at the time but I chose to ignore them. Therefore the issue may very well have been present in the previous version as well.

Sergio
by anonymous

To: EB.

I have sent you multiple private messages.

Please reply.

Sergio