FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
688 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I am having trouble with a fortigate firewall sitting behind a RUT950. It seems to have intermittent problem reconnecting it's IPSec VPN tunnel to a second fortigate after the RUT950 has a drop in 4G travelling between Norway and Denmark.

From looking at sniffer packets within the fortigate, it seems there are connection attempts going out, but not received on the second fortigate. The suspected points of issue are fortigate kernel, the RUT950, or something between that and the second fortigate.

Is there any known issues with the RUT blocking connection attempts on port 4500 or 500?

Could Teltonika suggest a way to do packet analysis within the RUT?

Thank you
by anonymous
Does the device allow for any functionality to analyse packets coming in or out of the device on specific ports?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

No, no issues were reported on the latest firmware version about port blocking or IPSec not getting up after network loss.

1. Does the reboot help?

2. Are you on the latest firmware version?

3. Are you using a roaming SIM card? Are you sure that's not the operator blocking VPN possibility for you then?

4. Have you tried a different router and checked it with the same FortiGate set-up?

EB.
by anonymous

Hi,

1. Does the reboot help?
The reboot of the RUT950 does not always help. I would say 50-50.
2. Are you on the latest firmware version?

RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7

3. Are you using a roaming SIM card? Are you sure that's not the operator blocking VPN possibility for you then?
yes roaming SIM. I have inquired with the operator but they do not think so. It doesn't explain why it sometimes works.
4. Have you tried a different router and checked it with the same FortiGate set-up?

It is very difficult to organise a different RUT950 as it is in a remote location but I will keep that in mind. I have several other locations (in other parts of the world) that works with the same set up.