FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
434 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a RUT955 (F/W: RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3) with a PC and GPS receiver connected on the LAN, talking to each other using TCP. If the load of the router gets high (but still below 0.5) I am loosing packets. This happens if the router looses GSM connection and tries to reconnect.

There is no tunnel or additional burdon. Just the router with a SIM card installed.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Markus

by anonymous
Dear interested user,

I am sorry to say that I made a mistake.

I realised now that I enabled 'ping reboot' with much too short intervalls between pings. That comes active when the GSM signal disappears. And sure, when the router reboots, I am unable to communicate on the LAN side for a short while.

Sorry again and thank you for your interest!
Kind regards

Markus

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the issue, you are having could you double-check if both of the Mobile antennae are connected to the device?  Also, could you try checking if the router is receiving good signal qualities you can check it by navigating to Status > Network > Mobile Tab. You can refer to these links for reference: Mobile Signal Strength Recommendations - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps 

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Dear Mellow,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, both antennas are attached, and yes, the signal is weak. I am happy, that the router connects.

My concern / question is: why is a tcp connection on the LAN side affected by a higher load of the router? This tcp connection is (should be) independent from the internet connection.

Kind regards
Markus
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you send me some screenshots and more details regarding this. I am not able to understand your issue very well. So you are saying when you are downloading the big files the other interfaces LAN to LAN connectivity is having slow connectivity? How did you check this?

Thanks

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Dear interested user,

I am sorry to say that I made a mistake.

I realised now that I enabled 'ping reboot' with much too short intervalls between pings. That comes active when the GSM signal disappears. And sure, when the router reboots, I am unable to communicate on the LAN side for a short while.

Sorry again and thank you for your interest!
Kind regards

Markus