i am currently trying to establish a OpenVPN site to site connection between my RUT240 (Client) and my PFSense (Server).
i mamanges to establish a connection via TLS but had the problem that i could not reach the devices behind the RUT240 i could however reach the devices behind the PFSense.
A User in this forum suggested to switch to Shared Key but i can't establish a connection that way.
Here is my configuration:
- Server Mode: Peer to Peer (Shared Key)
- Protocol: UDP on IPv4 only
- Device Mode: tun
- Interface: WAN
- Port: 1205
- Encription Algorithm: AES-128-CBC (128 bit key, 128 bit block)
- Auth digest Algorithm: SHA256 (256-bit)
- IPv4 Tunnel Network: 10.160.0.0/24
- Ipv4 Remote network: 10.161.0.0/24
- Compression: disabled
- Gateway creation: Both
RUT240 Firmware version 00.01.14.1:
- Enabled: Checked
- OpenVPN config from file: disabled
- Tun/Tap: TUN
- Protocol: UDP
- Port: 1205
- LZO: Unchecked
- Remote host IP: <WAN IP of the pfsense router>
- Resolve retry: infinite
- Keep alive 10 60
- Remote network ip: 10.100.0.0
- remote network ip mask: 255.255.0.0
- Authentication: Static Key
- Encription: AES-128-CBC 128
- Local tunnel endpoint IP: 10.160.0.2
- Remote tunnel endpoint IP: 10.160.0.1
- Extra Options: none
- Static pre-shared key: 2048 bit OpenVPN static key file
as mentioned in the other case i have no option to configure the Auth Algorithm and setting the algorithm to SHA1 is not an option by Company policy.
Any help is appreciated.