FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,027 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

Is it possible to direct only traffic to a particular ip address via Open-VPN? I am exploring a setup where I will have multiple RUT955 connecting via 4G from different remote locations. Each RUT955 will have two devices connected to it. One device needs to be access the internet, and one needs to go via a VPN. I plan to have an Open-VPN server running on a fixed IP address at home. Can I setup the Open-VPN config on the RUT so that only data destined for the fixed ip of the server will use the VPN.

Many Thanks

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I would give each device a static IP address, or static map in DHCP, then use the firewall to restrict the traffic as required.

Hope this helps.
by
Thanks for your help. I forgot to say that all the devices would have fixed IP addresses.

So, if I understand you correctly, the firewall settings on the remote RUT will allow me to direct the traffic from device B to use the OpenVPN client instance. Would it be a case of restricting access for Device A to the VPN or Device B from the intranet (or both)?
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes that’s correct assuming your routes are correct.