FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
264 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi All,

I recently deployed my new RUTx12 on remote location. This location have terrible mains grid. I already have the AC UPS for the site but the run time is much shorter with all the equipment.

I would like to have my RUTx12 running even after AC UPS powered off for check my battery powered cameras and other stuff. any Recommended DC UPS that can provide appropriate power to the RUTx12 for few hours?

I tried Xiaomi 20000mAH power bank. but the power bank will cut the power for 1 second when mains power back and trigger reboot the router.
by anonymous

Just to reiterate that we're looking for a similar solution, for TRB255 or RUT955 - but in practice a DC UPS will work similarly for most of these devices.

A couple of options we've looked at:

Would love to hear ideas from others!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

At this moment, unfortunately, we do not have anything to suggest that would keep the power of RUTX12 after the main source is dead.

We have a special device still in development for this exact scenario and it will involve the battery, but it's still not public and I can't say when it will be.

EB.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi EB,

thanks for this. I will do some experiments with other devices then. btw love your router destroying videos on Youtube :D
by anonymous
Hi,

I appreciate it!

Have a nice day.

EB.