FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
204 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Rut 240 working fine for 12 hours.  Now appears fine but no internet download.  It's a new device, firmware version is 00.13.1.13.1

Only setup change from standard is WAN port is setup as LAN and that was working fine.

The WAN / internet connection is Mobile, using an antennae. LTE connection to mobile operator EE in the UK and that's all ok.

Problem is no internet.  Remotely rebooted fine, no difference, still no connection to the internet from customer connected devices.

I have downloaded the troubleshoot file and hope that someone may be able to help.  

This happened with the same customer and same setup with a different rut240 24 hours ago and I switched the device for a new one.  It was fine until approx 12 hours later.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to ask if you could install the latest RUT2XX_R_01.14.3 firmware version to the router without keeping settings and test everything again?

Regards.
by anonymous
Firmware updated successfully as suggested, without keeping settings.  Router now shows green dot, online.  I can't however login remotely as WebUI is unreachable.
by anonymous
Can you reach the router locally?
by anonymous
There is somebody there who could reboot it physically but that's the limit of their capability.
by anonymous
Please try to do that, or also you could ask them to connect ethernet cable to router WAN port, because you have wiped all of the settings and you will need internet access to reconfigure it remotely.
by anonymous
Customer has reboot.  Red dot.. green dot again, webUI still unreachable.   If I can avoid driving there, great, but if essential I can go.  The only things I need to reconfigure are the ssid and password, also setting wan to lan.
by anonymous
I am curious how does your router obtain internet access? Is it through SIM card? If yes, you might need to configure APN settings.
by anonymous
At the customer premise, re-booted, checked the new firmware was correct.  All working fine.

The router is in a static location, used as the primary and only internet connection.

I have left APN set to Auto as it's like that with other similarly setup Rut240's I have working in the same way with the same mobile operator.

What happened though, why did it stop working?
by anonymous
All seems stable with the updated firmware.  Is this a known issue that is addressed by the latest firmware?

Thanks for your help.
by anonymous
Hi,

I have researched our archives and there were some customers that were facing similar issues with older firmware. I would like to recommend to always keep your firmware up to date because we introduce many fixes with each release.

Regards.