FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
557 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi all,

I have set up a VLAN (tag based) for a bunch of switches, and I have set a static IP address for a series of switches (Ubiquiti), however, none of them are being assigned to the them. The static IP address are on the VLAN (172.30.***.*** instead of the LAN 192.168.***.***)

The RUT can see the hardware, but it won't allocate the static IP to it, instead it's getting one from the LAN network on DHCP.

How do I get around this? The RUT has never connected to the switch prior, so I just assumed by setting the static IPs it would pick it up no issue.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

First of all, I would like to know what firmware are you using? The next question is did you configured the 172.30.X.X network and 192.168.X.X in the RUT950. A copy of the troubleshoot file will be a great help for me to check how did you configure everything Kindly share a copy of the troubleshoot file with me.

Thanks

Regards,
Mellow
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi Mellow, thanks for reaching out!

The firmware is 00.06.08.3.

I do not have the troubleshooting file right now. I will try to explain better.

I created a VLAN for Management, this is VLAN 10, it is on 172.30.***.*** I have set static IP leases in the RUT950 for the switches (201,202,203,204). These IP ranges are within the VLAN's range. The RUT had never connected to these before.

I enabled the VLAN, and connected the switches. They all received a IP address from the LAN (192.168.***.***) via DHCP, not the static ones I have predefined.

I can set the IP manually on the switch and enable the VLAN on the switch (also tagged to 10) but then I cannot see them until I disable the VLAN and set the LAN to the same IP range that the VLAN was on.

The RUT fails to allocate static IPs upon connection. This is the 2nd RUT I have tried.

Previously this has worked, and I have a deployment working in the same way with no issues. That is on a slightly older firmware (06.3 or something). For this deployment I basically copied the settings from both UI and the RUT and it doesn't work and I can't figure out what I'm missing.

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks for taking the time to help!
by anonymous
Hello,

Kindly share the troubleshoot file so that i can check the config :)

Regards,
Mellow
by anonymous
Good Afternoon Mellow,

My apologies for not getting back to you - we actually got it sorted in the end.

All is good, it was a weird glitch between the Unifi VLAN and the RUT950 VLAN IDs.