FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
235 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi there, I have updated our RUT955 to the latest firmware (RUT9_R_00.07.00) and would like to setup a hotspot. Since the firmware upgrade Hotspot is no longer an option in the Services Menu. Anyone able to point me in the right direction to finding where to set up a hotspot? Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

RUT9_R_00.07.00 firmware change many things, including the hotspot. We have moved many services to the Services > Package Manager. Please navigate there and download the hotspot service. A package manager allows us to introduce new features without bloating the firmware and slowing the router down.

Regards.
by anonymous
Ok that is my next issue, whenever I try to open the Package Manager page I just get the "Fetching Package Data" spinning wheel and nothing loads.
by anonymous
Well that is not expected behavior, are you sure that your router has access to the outside network (because packages will load from our server)?
by anonymous
Yes I'm currently connected to it and it has been fetching package data since my last comment with no change. I have tried rebooting it several times with no change.
by anonymous
I would like to ask if you could re-install your router firmware without keeping settings? I have just tried to fetch package manager data on my own router and it loaded after 2-3 seconds.