FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
113 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Since updating firmware to TRB2_R_00.07.00, I'm having issues with my openvpn client on my TRB245.

OpenVPN client works initially when I upload the config file, BUT if I disable the client and enable it, I cannot get it to work again.

There is very little in the log report to assist. - How can I get more details on what is occurring with the OVPN client?

I can get the VPN to work again, only if I re-upload the config file. This error didn't occur on previous firmware.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for provided information. We tried to replicate this issue on our side, but every time we enable OpenVPN client on TRB245 while using .ovpn configuration file, device successfully connects to OpenVPN server.

Regarding logs, try connecting via SSH to a device and run logread -f there you should see OpenVPN logs. Furthermore, it seems that issue could be that OpenVPN does not start after you enabling it. Try this:

1. Make sure OpenVPN connection is working.

2. Disable the OpenVPN configuration.

3. Enable OpenVPN configuration.

4. See if it connects, if not - connect to the device via SSH and use the following command: /etc/init.d/openvpn restart and see if this helps.

Also, please PM me a troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) when issue persist.

Best regards,