FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
346 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I'm either unable to connect or get disconnected very fast from the access points of a RUTX12 device (both 2G and 5G).

The error I'm receiving from my linux client is:

"deauthenticated from 00:1e:42:2e:41:0b (Reason: 2=PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID)"

The router is new and I updated to the latest firmware as of today (RUTX_R_00.07.00). I tried with other client devices as well, but get the same behavior.

The behavior is the same as if I typed the wrong password. I also tried changing the password, the encryption, or use no encryption at all, changed the channels, SSID, restored to factory defaults... still no luck.

WiFi client mode seems to work, as I can connect the RUTX12 to another router. However, when I create the connection, the 5G access point is not discoverable anymore, so client mode and access point mode can not run in parallel.

What should I try next? Thank you for your help :)
by anonymous
As an update:

* it seems that if I add a new access point network in the list, it works - so somehow I can connect to the 2nd network, but not the 1st, as long as both of them are enabled; this behavior is the same for 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi networks, and it works only if there are multiple access points in the respective categories (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz).

* plugging in the WAN cable for internet makes me lose Wifi from the 2nd access point as well.

* also, I found out that the 5G client and access point can not work at the same time probably because the client needs another channel, so that is normal and is not an issue any more

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I would like to ask if you could try to re-install your router firmware via the bootloader menu? There are the instructions: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTXxx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Let me know if that helps, also, do you have any other RUTX12 devices to check if the issue reproduces?

Regards.

by anonymous
Hi, thank you for your reply. I tried multiple times (at least 9 times) to go into bootloader mode by holding the reset button while powering on the device, but no luck so far. I tried holding the reset button for various amounts of time from 3-10 seconds, or just keeping it pressed until the LEDs would simultaneously blink, which they never did for some reason. My laptop's IP was static, set at 192.168.1.2.

I then tried to re-flash the firmware, go into CLI mode and type "firstboot" to delete all configs, then re-configured the device, but still can not connect to WiFi:

Mon Feb 15 16:27:17 2021 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA fc:44:82:b3:00:7e IEEE 802.11: authenticated
Mon Feb 15 16:27:17 2021 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA fc:44:82:b3:00:7e IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
Mon Feb 15 16:27:17 2021 daemon.notice hostapd: Station fc:44:82:b3:00:7e trying to disassociate, but it is not associated
Mon Feb 15 16:27:17 2021 daemon.notice hostapd: Station fc:44:82:b3:00:7e trying to disassociate, but it is not associated
0 votes
by anonymous
Current status: this problem happens on multiple devices, including RUTX11, not only RUTX12, so we've started returning a lot of the devices currently installed on our small fleet.

We even bought a brand new RUTX11 and had the same issue after not even a day. Updated the firmware to latest, but still no luck. The issues are:

* clients can not connect to the wifi

* it seems that if I add a new access point network in the list, it works - so somehow I can connect to the 2nd network, but not the 1st, as long as both of them are enabled; this behavior is the same for 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi networks, and it works only if there are multiple access points in the respective categories (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz).

* plugging in the WAN cable for internet makes me lose Wifi from the 2nd access point as well.
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you send a troubleshoot file via private message once it reproduces? I will analyze it and consult with our RnD department about that.

Regards.
by anonymous