FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
288 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello everybody.

I have the next problem with my RUT955 router:

My router its connected to a mobile network with a SIM card, and also it is connected with my OpenVPN server with a .ovpn file as a client.

And the problem comes when for some strange reason the router disconnects from the mobile network, when connecting, it no longer has communication with the remote VPN server.

How can I restart the vpn connection when I recover the signal from the mobile network?

Firmware installed: RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3

by anonymous
Hello,

I have the same problem with my RUT955 and firmware RUT9XX_R806.08.3.

Openvpn client is configured from a .ovpn file (and also with this configuration you can't see the IP adress, Mask and Time values in the satus-network-openvpn page).

Here is the config file settings :

client

dev tun

proto udp

remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 20000

resolv-retry infinite

nobind

persist-key

persist-tun

remote-cert-tls server

auth SHA512

cipher AES-256-CBC

ignore-unknown-option block-outside-dns

block-outside-dns

verb 3

<ca>.......................

Any solutions to keep openvpn client connected even after a mobile momentary loose of signal ?

Best regards
by anonymous
Hello,

I have the same problem. I need to reboot the modem via SMS to recover the VPN connection.

Any solution ?

Best regards,

Julien

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you share the config data of your client file there (you can change sensitive information, for example, IPs). Most likely the config file lacks few reconnect options.

Regards.
by anonymous
Im sorry, but I don't have this configuration at this time. But my teammate says that this disconnection is produced every 25 minutes exactly. We are using the Movistar operator.