FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
235 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi guys,

digging through the faq but couldn't  find a propriate solution for my problem. I try to setup a simple port forwarding rule on port 443 but it won't work. I got a public IP from my ISP (google search for "whats my ip" is identical to the IP address of the router).

I tried several options (NAT Loopback on/off; open port 443 in traffic rules and so on..) and nothing worked. The rule is enabled and all changes have been saved of course. Another strange fact is when I disable the firewall via CLI the port forwarding tester (yougetsignal.com) fails (it neither displays open nor close). Any help would be highly appreciated!

Pictures of my setup attached.

Thanks in advance!
Matthias

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

It would be nice if you can try to access the RUTX09 UI through the IP address that is assigned to it. Here are the steps to be followed:

1. From the Web UI navigate to System > Administration > Access Control
2. Enable Remote HTTP Access then Save.
3. Try to reach the RUTX09 via the Public IP Address given to it in your Mobile device or any device as long as it is from a different network. 

If it's accessible. Try to check the Firmware that RUTX09 is using it would be best if you are in RUTX_R_00.02.06.1_WEBUI.bin 

If the issue still persists, kindly share with me a copy of the device troubleshoot file. 

Thanks

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Edit:

Due to expired certificates the handshake between client and server caused the failure. Now, everything works as expected.
Regards,
Matthias

Hi Mellow,

thanks for your reply! I was able to access the WebUI from outside my network but the router wasn't operating on the latest firmware. I updated to RUTX_R_00.07.00 but the problem still persists. I'll send you the troubleshoot file via pm. If there is any known issue with port forwarding on the latest firmware I will downgrade to _02.06.1 (but this will reset the config).

Regards,
Matthias