FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
282 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi

Can I set up the client WWAN WiFi as the main WAN and use the 4G LTE as a failover?

I am deploying RUT-950 into commercial sites, factory etc where there are existing WiFi AP’s.

The industrial solution uses a NUC + RUT-950 to collect and send metrics to the cloud.

Also deploying this remotely where there is no AP, only 4G LTE.

To save on mobile data, I want to connect the RUT-950 to a customer’s WiFi AP. I want this link to be the main internet connection and the 4G LTE to be the backup.

Can this be done? My attempts have been unsuccessful so far. I can set up the WWAN as a client and I can connect to an external AP. But cannot see any way to ‘map’ this interface as the WAN.

Maybe it is not possible..

Can anyone advise?

Thank you very much!

Colin B

Image shows what I want to do

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It is possible and quite easy to accomplish.

Navigate Network > WAN and configure it as an example:

Regards.

by anonymous

Thank you!

Yes, I suspect it should be possible..Howevr, it seems you may be using the legacy UI (not sure)

My RUT-950 is firmware RUT9_R_00.07.00 and uses the new Web GUI

The settings you refer to don't exist in that visual format in my firmware UI. What you are showing makes perfect sense. Here you simply tick the box for the WAN you want. BUT... I cannot find any equivalent settings in the Vs 7 web UI.

The WAN settings (only available in Basic mode) do not give a failover option as per your interface

The Failover settings in Advanced Mode only, have no box to tick for primary WAN.

I did read that you have to drag the interface to the top for priority etc and I have done that. (You can hold and drag the order of the interfaces) To my understanding my settings are correct. But...all my traffic goes via Mobile LTS

If I know where the settings are hidden in the latest firmware, that would help!! ;-)

If it IS possible to do what I want - where do I find the settings in the new web UI?

Regards

Colin

--------------------------------------------------------

INTERFACE SETTINGS IN ADVANCED VIEW

WAN SETTINGS IN BASIC MODE

FAILOVER SETTINGS IN ADVANCED MODE