FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
327 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I am trying to compile the latest firmware for a RUT955. I have made following preparations:
- Installed Ubuntu 20.04
- Installed required packages
- Downloaded and unpacked the "RUT9_R_GPL_00.07.00.tar.gz" firmware

- Execute ./scripts/feeds update a
- Execute make

And i am getting always this error that prevents me from building the firmware.

make[3] -C package/feeds/vuci/tlt_hotspot_theme_airport compile

make -r world: build failed. Please re-run make with -j1 V=s or V=sc for a higher verbosity level to see what's going on

make: *** [/home/ioa/Development/Hub_Road/Firmware/FirmwareBuilder/include/toplevel.mk:231: world] Error 1

"make V=s" shows this:

I tried to skip the optional modules with "make IGNORE_ERRORS=m" but there are more vuci packages with this error and it will eventually fail because of vuci-app-io that is not optional.

by anonymous
Ok i have found myself a fix for this, this happens when the empty bin folders in vuci packages are missing (example: package/feeds/vuci/tlt_hotspot_theme_airport/bin/)

It happens because of git, that does not save empty folders and at checkout those are missing.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I sincerely apologize that you did not receive an answer in time. I am glad that you find a solution to the issue yourself and thank you for sharing it with the public.

Regards.