FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
142 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Dear Sirs,

We have an issue with RUTX12, which for no apparent reason, becomes non-responsive after a few days up-time. The last time it happened after just over a single day.

Our system set requires mainly the following hw/sw subsystems:
  - LTE modem
  - LAN
  - OpenVPN
  - User scripts (BASH)

When the problem occurs, the router is left in the following state:
  - WAN (LTE) ping:  OK
  - WAN (LTE) SSH:  Connection refused
  - OpenVPN server:  non-responsive
  - LAN ping:  OK
  - LAN SSH:  OK
  - LAN HTTP:  OK
  - User scripts:  ceased running (intended to run indefinitely)

Please help us with this issue, for reliable operation of the router is of utmost importance for us. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Matjaž

P.S: I tried to communicate directly with Thomas by private messaging, instead I learned that he has disabled private messaging, a little disappointment also for not being able to see my past correspondence with Thomas, too.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Which firmware version you are using on your RUTX12? I would recommend to reflash it to RUTX_R_00.02.06 or to RUTX_R_00.07.00 version via the bootloader menu (it will reset your router completely). Instructions can be found right here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTXxx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Best regards.

by anonymous
We are already using RUTX_R_00.07.00
by anonymous
Hi,

I am curious about your scripts. Could you double-check if they do not overflow RUTX12 over time by generating more and more files or it may overload the router CPU? I would like to suggest checking if router bricks after a few days without any scripts implemented.

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello,

the scripts do not generate any large amounts of files, only a few selected, always the same ones. They do check the file system or ping some device, with 3s, 5s and 60s delay in between the actions, respectively (bash command 'sleep'). So I think the scripts are very non-invasive and well-behaved in a sense you mentioned. In any case, we found that RUTX_R_00.02.06 works ok, while RUTX_R_00.07.00 does not. For now, we are satisfied with RUTX_R_00.02.06, and we do proceed with our application that way.

Regards.