FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
260 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Is there a way to port forward on a 240 without a static IP?

I have an IOT device that requires port forwarding but looking to save some coin from the ISP. The static IP plan that offers 100gb was just taken away and messes things up a bit for me. Am I able to port forward without a Public static with the RUT 240 and RMS. ?

Thank you all so much!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the scenario you want to implement there are a couple of ways, first of all, is with the use of RMS it is possible to do RMS VPN (this feature is in beta) or if you want to save more there is a 3rd party platform supported by our device called Zerotier One. This platform is a VPN platform that works even though you have private IP addresses. 

You can refer to this link for more information: ZeroTier Configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
I don't believe this answers the question.  I am in the same situation as darkminer and curious if port forwarding is possible.  I need to from the WAN to an internal port on a device on the LAN.  When I test out my settings using a website port forwarding checker, my ports are not being opened.  My next attempt is to try bridge mode on the LTE router and will connect a UniFi Gateway/Router (USG).  Suggestions and recommendations are welcomed.