FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
536 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello, 

I am having issues getting access to a RUTX11. It worked fine for some month before suddenly I could not access the router either via SSH or  the web interface via HTTP. It looks like this:

• The router has no data connection to the internet (SMS status -> Data Connection state - Disconnected) and no more data is received that the router should normally transmit.
  • The router is responding to a ping
  • Can’t access through SSH or web interface via HTTP
  • No changes to the configuration have been applied lately
  • Periodic reboot and reboot via SMS was successful but has not changed anything
  • The issue is fixed when the router is disconnected from the power supply and plugged in again
  • Firmware: RUTX_R_00.02.06.1

This issue has occurred on several routers so far. Since the routers are installed in remote areas, I cannot access them via LAN directly.

Has someone an idea how to troubleshoot this issue?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

It would be best if you are able to get a copy of the troubleshoot file of the device not having network connectivity. Don't reboot it so that we can investigate what is happening with the device. Also, it's odd it's responding ping even though the mobile data connection state is disconnected? 

If it's not possible try to execute SMS commands to turn off and turn on the mobile network.  

RouterPass mobileoff

after 3 minutes execute

RouterPass mobileon

See if it changes the result. 

If not it's best to get a copy of the troubleshoot file

Thanks

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
Hello,

executing the SMS command mobileoff / mobileon had no impact.

Next week I am at the plant site and can get the troubleshoot file.
0 votes
by anonymous
Go install v5 of the firmware, it works. v6 & v7 do not... really, they don't! I wasted 15+ hours on v6 & v7.

Read more here... https://community.teltonika-networks.com/38401/firmware-7-is-very-very-buggy