FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
287 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Good afternoon,

I have a setup of 8 RUT240's (In South Africa) and 1 RutX11.
The 240's stopped performing a while ago and only have very low down and upload speed.
The RutX11 is still have good speeds.
I learned that my provider (MTN South Africa) had upgared the 2 towers arround my location.
I am not sure what they did to it, but it dropped the speed to an unacceptable low on the 240's.
From a previous discussion I learned that the RutX11 has a different modem in the router.

My question would be: can I upgrade my 240's to become back operatable again?
I have attached 1 label from 1 device for the info, but the rest are all the same, also the firmware is up to date)

Kind regards,
Wilbert

by anonymous
Thank you Ahmend for your response.

Indeed I am using both mobile antenna's.
I also tried with an external antenna.
And I also have the band selection to manual where I looked and compaired the chnalle with the rutx11.
There seems to be a certain hardware difference on the 4G / LTE modem that give the RutX11 a far better poerformance over the Rut240.
This is why I asked of an upgrade would be possible.

Kind regards,

Wilbert

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

Regarding your query may i know if you are using both the mobile antennas provided.

Have you tried relocating the device in order to get more better signals?

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations

Can you try to keep band selection as manual because mobile module tries to connect with the best band on basis of signals strength, might be the band that router is using has best signals but has less bandwidth. So, its best to check the following may be with some specific band with not best signals strength you will receive better bandwidth.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous

And I also have the band selection to manual where I looked and compaired the chnalle with the rutx11.
There seems to be a certain hardware difference on the 4G / LTE modem that give the RutX11 a far better poerformance over the Rut240.

Kind regards,

Wilbert
0 votes
by anonymous

Kind regards,

Wilbert
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes there is a difference between Rutx11 and Rut240 , Rut240 is LTE CAT 4 and RUTX11 is LTE Cat6.

There will be a difference between their bandwidths.

For firmware its available on our website.

If you need to upgrade to the new model , we have Rut360 with LTE CAT 6.

https://teltonika-networks.com/product/rut360/

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
Hi Ahmen,

Thank you for responding again to my questions.

I had already the latest firmware on my 240's,  so that will not make the difference.

Is there a possibility that I can upgarde the 240's to 360's with an upgrade kit?

Or is it only possible to buy new 360's?

Are the 360's also good to operate in South Africa?

Regards,

Wilbert
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes better buy new Rut360.

RUT360 0***** Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australia, APAC2, Brasil, Malaysia
  • 4G (LTE-FDD): B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, B20, B28, B321
  • 4G (LTE-TDD): B38, B40, B41
  • 3G: B1, B3, B5, B8

Thanks