FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
249 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Several attempts to communicate with the device via the sms functionality have failed.  I contacted Verizon to insure that the line they assigned to the device is capable of sms traffic and they confirmed that it is.

The sms functions coupled with the geofencing service will make a perfect anchor watch when we're away from our sailboat.  But first the sms has to work.  Any advice?  What info would you need to help me?

There is a whole new market for your products and I'm telling everyone about them.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all. I would like to ask which firmware version you are using on your RUTX11? What SMS commands have you tried already?

Regards.
by anonymous
I will obtain the firmware version as soon as I return to the boat.

I have tried the "send message" command and the "status" command. Neither has worked.

Thank you for your interest.  I am certain that this will work
by anonymous
Hello,

the described error situation also occurs with my RUTX11. My mobile network operator is Vodafone (Germany).

Firmware: RUTX_R_00.07.00

Many greetings

Herbert
by anonymous
When I tried this a few days ago, I did not get a response and the SMS went into messages. The reason being that I used the network login password and not the RUTX11 admin pawword as a prefix in the message. I guess you have sorted this by now? :-)