FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
776 views 1 comments
by anonymous

I'm running a WireGuard VPN between two sites with a RUTX09 (fw RUTX_R_00.07.00) as a client (WG version 1.0.20200611-2) on the other end. When setting up and testing the connection from the server side I noticed an abnormally high ping latency on the connection: up to 500 ms compared with the double-digit latency when doing the same ping test from the client side to the server. I also discovered that running a simple 'while true; do echo "test"; done;' loop in the RUTX09 shell fixes the latency as demonstrated in the following screenshot:

The red line indicates the point in time when the while loop started running. The RUTX09 is behind the telco's NAT so there's no public IP I could ping from the server side for comparison. Is there some setting I could tweak to fix the latency on the RUTX side?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you share your Wireguard configuration screenshots? I would like to investigate and try to replicate the high latency issue.

Regards.
by anonymous

Will this snippet from /etc/config/network suffice?

config interface 'BearNet'
        option proto 'wireguard'
        option listen_port '51515'
        option public_key '<redacted>'
        option private_key '<redacted>'
        option disabled '0'
        list addresses '10.50.50.2/32'

config wireguard_BearNet 'WG0'
        option route_allowed_ips '1'
        option public_key '<redacted>'
        option description 'RTAC86U'
        option endpoint_host '<redacted>'