FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
144 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I am trying to read information from a RUT240 using Modbus. This is returning an exception response whenever I try to read register numbers 88 or higher (i.e. the currently active SIM card slot, or data beyond this). This means I cannot read the WAN IP address which is what I would like to do.

Is this a bug?

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi,

I regressed the firmware to 1.14.1 but that did not help. I then regressed it to 1.10 and that seemed to make things better but the IP address was still being reported as 0.0.0.0 even though it was assigned in the WebUI. I then reinstalled 1.14.3 and the Modbus monitoring seems to work correctly now.

It's strange, but I now have a solution - but if anyone has any similar experience or can shed any light on it then I'd be interested to hear it. Note that my modem did not ship with 1.14.3 installed, so that was an upgrade that I did before I started configuring the modem.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I am glad that you have solved the issue by yourself. I would like to ask if it works as expected even now? So far, it is hard to tell what was wrong because I have tried to read registers from my own RUT240 and the latest firmware version (it worked as expected).

Regards.
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Whenever I tried to read any registers at or above 40088 the RUT240 would return exception code 04.

Another thing that is a bit awkward is registers like the signal strength and current wan ip address take on a particular number (I forget the number, but it is something like 231), rather than something more expected (for example 0 for the IP address).

Thanks