FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
818 views 16 comments
by anonymous
Hi all,

Did anyone from Teltonika checked the firmware 7.00?? I find a lot of bugs in only 2 hours....it was not really checked! But now just the problem: I bought a new RUTX11 with firmware 2.6.1 which I updated directly after unboxing to 7.00. After that I try to configure this device for my usage (I will use it in a campervan to enlage the wifi range to my car + build a LTE hotspot for my computer). I'll here only talk about my main problem - not all other bugs: I add my wifi nets 2,4GHz and 5GHz to the "Network/Wireless" and move them up to the first positions at "Network/Interfaces". Also if I don't add the 5GHz AP to this device, I can't get network trafic over the 2,4GHz wifi. If I move the MOB1S1 to top position, I have access to the Internet. I try all also with the ping-command to see if my home-net (ping 192.168.0.250) or google (ping 8.8.8.8) is resonding. No connection over 2,4GHz is possible. If I downgrade the firmware back to 2.6.1, I get a connection over 2,4GHz.

Edit: After 10 Minutes he lost also the connection...unstabile

Regards Ralf
by anonymous
I had similar issues with WWAN on RUT14 - It stopped working after "some time", and only way to get it back was to DELETE the interface and recreate it - after a couple of these I scrapped WWAN and used Ethernet with a another AP -  I hope the 7.1 patch will address this.
by anonymous
Same for me. Tried to connect to a wifi in client mode and use it for the clients connected to my RUTX11. No way to get it to work. The interface stays "stopped". I also can only connect in client mode OR provide wifi in AP mode, not both at the same time. Downgraded to RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 and everything works as expected again.
by anonymous
I have also some Problems with my Rutx11. For one week it works fine, more or less.

Not i Can Not See and of my WIFI‘s   -  if i connect me via LAN it Look all fine - if i Look at Wireless i Can See my wifi‘s ,still! All is switched on gut it dos Not work. If i Scan for connect me with some other One - i Can See the external wifi‘s and i Can connect me. Just my own ones is still Not vissible.

That is realy Not user friendly and/Or easy to Setup or to use.
by anonymous
Good afternoon,

I have similar problems with a RUTX11.

After upgrading to 7.00 with keeping the settings I can only connect via 5GHz, 2.4GHz not working any more even if it’s shown as „Running“. Switching off the 5GHz band is resulting in no connection with 2.4GHz  Even renaming the SSIDs to unique ones for each band was not successful.  

I used the same SSID for both frequencies in 2.6.1 and it worked perfectly stable.

Teltonika folks, please advise what to do.

Best regards,

Jörg

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for contacting.

I have tested the above scenario on my side .

Configured 2.4GHZ wireless WAN as primary and mobile as secondary ( Worked fine )

Configured mobile as primary and Wireless WAN as secondary (Worked fine).

So, i didn't find any issues related to the Wireless WAN or failover.

I tested it for 1 hour.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous

Can you please write a short tutorial on how to connect RUTX11 to an external Wi-Fi? What I did:

1. Go to Network→Wireless
  2. Click "Scan" for 2.4 or 5.8 Wi-Fi and wait for scan results
  3. Select the external Wi-Fi you want to connect
  4. Enter the passphrase and manually write "wwan" as the interface. This is done automatically with firmware RUTX_R_00.02.06.1. Also, Wi-Fi AP is turned off for the selected frequency (2.4 or 5.8 GHz) which is different than with the previous version
  5. Go to Network→Interfaces and drag the "wwan" interface to position 2. The list now (for me) is as follows:
    1. LAN
    2. WWAN
    3. WAN
    4. MOB1S1A1
    5. MOB1S2A1
    6. WAN6

With firmware RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 I now have a stable connection via the external Wi-Fi. The AP on the same frequency (2.4 or 5.8GHz) as the external Wi-Fi is still up, and I can connect to it with my laptop or smartphone.

With firmware RUTX_R_00.07.00 the interface "wwan" will stay in status "disabled". The AP on the same frequency (2.4 or 5.8GHz) as the external Wi-Fi is down and can not be enabled again, otherwise the connection to the external Wi-Fi is gone.

by anonymous
Hello,

Please find a short video i made for your understanding.

https://www.screenpresso.com/=AOiN

Thanks
by anonymous

Thanks for the video. I restored default settings and tried the same. I noticed that the Wi-Fi I configured in the wizard was not applied, but the default (RUT...) still was active. Maybe worth filing a bug. Nonetheless, I configured the Wi-Fi for 2.4 and 5.8G, connected to the external Wi-Fi and moved the new interface to the 2nd position, just as in your video. The result is still the same. The Wi-Fi of the RUTX11 is gone, and the interface will stay in status "stopped". Here are some screenshots:

by anonymous

Hello,

May i know after how long it goes down as i have rechecked it on my side without touching anything and mine's still shows up.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=7412367714969713918

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=8129865503773113739

Thanks .

Regards,

Ahmed

by anonymous
It's not even starting up. That's the problem.
by anonymous
Hello,

Then in case its best to reflash device firmware without keeping settings and try if it helps.

Thanks
by anonymous

I just reflashed the router with RUTX_R_00.07.00 and disabled the option "keep settings". After the flash was complete, I finished the wizard and set up the access point. However, the options were not applied and the default access points (RUT_..._2G/5G) were still configured. This is also reproducible. Manually setting up the Wi-Fi after the wizard is finished worked flawlessly. Can I report this bug somewhere?

Nonetheless, resetting the device helped to resolve the issue with forwarding a client Wi-Fi. Thanks for the hint! I will test this and report back if further issues come up smiley

0 votes
by anonymous
Same here. Sometimes it works and then is stable, sometimes it will not connect and you cannot find an error. After some time it starts working (mostly if I reboot multiple times)
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback .

So, the issue is resolved after reset ? Right?

Thanks
by anonymous
No. It's absolutely randomized. Suddenly the connection works after a reboot, but it is not "one" reboot. Sometimes it is 2, sometimes it is 10. There is no error pattern and the logs do not show the behaviour.
by anonymous
Hello,

Please try to follow this guide :

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Because if there is firmware issue it should also replicated on my side but unfortunately it doesn't.

Also can you try to setup some other available wifi as Access point , might be the existing one is not stable or has signals issues?

Thanks.
by anonymous
When you tell me what this should solve? I have no problem with the firmware update process. It is more the stability of the connection, and this changed since the actual FW. My WLAN is very stable and industry proven. No issues on this side. Already tired different APs and different networks. It is always the same.
by anonymous

Hello,

Please send me a troubleshoot file for the device when it happens again. Don't reboot the device .

Troubleshoot file could be downloaded in System>Administration>Troubleshoot

Thanks. 

Regards,

Ahmed