FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
262 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I have upgraded the firmware with the latest version and I also install the SNMP as I was using before for monitoring the router. However, after the upgrade, the OID has changed and I was only able to read the values after I upgrade the MIB file as in here:  https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=RUT955_SNMP&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop. But the problem I have now is the WAN access to the SNMP, I am only able to read values in the local network but not using the public IP.

I check the firewall and it seems it is correctly configured and should allow for access in WAN to SNMP port 161 but this is not happening.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Have you checked your mobile interface configuration after the update? Do you still have public IP? Can you access your router remotely via public IP (for example, remote HTTP)?

Regards.
by anonymous
Yes!

I have the public IP and I have access to all services I had before. The only issue I have is with SNMP on the public interface. I got a timeout each time I try to read an SNMP value, but when read in local IP I got correctly the values.
by anonymous
That is very unusual. I have tested SNMP service myself and it worked through public IP. May I ask if you could re-install SNMP package?
by anonymous
I delete the old installation of SNMP and did a fresh installation of the SNMP package using Package Manager and now I see the SNMP is installed but it does not show up in services anymore.

Ok! I got it... I did not change to advanced management so could not see the snmp service. I enable the SNMP and remote access but was still not able to get it working in public IP
by anonymous
Could you send a troubleshoot file to me via private message to investigate?
by anonymous
yes! we can have also a show meet if possible and can show you live what is happening
by anonymous
Yes, we could arrange a remote session. Please send me your AnyDesk ID via private message and I will log in.