FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+17 votes
2,127 views 16 comments
by anonymous
Can‘t connect to a public open Wifi. There is no password to login, only a checkbox on a website that will come up. A checkbox to accept the rules from provider. I Van connect but dont get a website with the checkbox.
by anonymous

I have the same situation with a RUT240 in a camper. Tried everything from cloning the MAC-Addresses from my laptop to changing all the settings in the RUT. No luck so far and really looking forward to a working solution.

Sorry for not being able to help at this stage.

by anonymous
This is called a 'Captive Portal', not depending on password request or not. There are some ways to try to connect to, but mostly, they are not working. The main circumvention is, to log on with a 'simple' device, where the MAC-Adresse has been changed to the MAC Address of the Router. After log on, you might have access with the router... if it was only the MAC-Address, the Captive Portal is checking.

Others are playing around with the DNS-IP's. But overall, the RUT955 is not designed and programmed to solve this problem. This is my understanding ...
by anonymous
I have the same problem with the RUTX14
by anonymous
Come on Teltonika! Program a webbrowser into the gui to solve that!
by anonymous
More and more camper are using your devices for Internet access. You should think about making it easier for them to configure your devices. May be a extra user interface for dummy campers with all necessary options and without all the complicated stuff around!

That would be a great help,
by anonymous
My router is a RUTX11; same issue. It's very disappointing, that this expensive devices seems not to provoide a soulution for this quite common purpose in an RV. I would be happy if I could recommend your device to others, of if it does the job.
by anonymous
Same Here. I really I would highly appreciate it. Does anyone know if there is already a solution for this?
by anonymous
I found a solution:

Log in to the router as admin and open the "Status->Network->WAN" page and note (write down) the IP address of the DNS server.

Enter this DNS address manually on the laptop or mobile phone. On the PC, this can be done via the network properties,  on mobile phones, this is done with a long click on the network. You can find out more about this and how to do it online.

Now call up the browser again and call up any page without https.

Now the login page should come up. Enter login data and the router is on the web.

Don't forget to delete the DNS entry.

To be honest, that wasn't my solution.

solutions can be found under the keyword CAPTIVE PORTAL
by anonymous
Hello, i have the same wish. Any news regarding captive wlan?
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a 1 year old RUTX11 and I'm supporting this suggestion to better prepare the router firmware for connections to WLAN with a captive portal website, where terms & conditions of the WLAN provider needs to be acknowledged. Please integrate a simple webbrowser in the router firmware, so that the connection is as simple as possible for non-experts.

Best regards,

4 Answers

–1 vote
by anonymous

On your RUT955 are two Wireless Configurations (Network > Wireless). If they are using the same IP-Subnet, you cann't connect to a public WiFi with your device trough the RUT955. Change the DHCP settings/IP adress on your RUT (Network > LAN) to eg. 192.168.2.1

Does this work?

by anonymous
This is sadly not the described problem. The connection to the public wifi is possible and the is no IP-address conflict. The issue is that if I connect with my laptop to this public Wifi, I automatically get redirected to a landing page on which I need to check the box to agree to the rules, only after this, the laptop receives connection to the internet. How can this be done for the RUT240 or RUT955? I think a browser plugin might be required.

with best regards,

Ben
by anonymous
Are you using a failover connection (mobile or ethernet)? If so, please switch it of and reboot the RUT.

I'am travelling. On campsites I have to do this procedure often. Most of the time without an issue. I connect to the wifi and switch off the mobile failover connection in the teltonika wifi android app. After I get redirected to the captive portal login.

But once I had to connect to the public wifi with my mobile device, check the devices ip address and remember it. Then connect to the RUT again and connect the RUT to the public wifi. Set the ip on your mobil device manually to the same you got directly from the public wifis dhcp server. [I'm not sure if I also had to configure an standard gateway (the RUTs ip)]
+7 votes
by anonymous

Hello, i am one of the many hundreds of users with the RUT950 in my RV and would be very happy to be able to use the hotsplots wifi.

Thanks very much!

+6 votes
by anonymous
Hello Uwe,
that is a great idea. I would also be one of the hundred users who would be happy.

thanks in advance for the TeltonIka team
+2 votes
by anonymous
I solved it. Since 2021 I had this problem, now its 2023 and nothing changed at Teltonik's side, because we campers are not Teltonika's target group . I just sold my Router and have no problem any more.
by anonymous
i think about doing the same  there are several other possibilities!