FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
824 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Good day,

I know that with the RUTX12 the failover from SIM1 to SIM2 is instantaneous since both SIM's stay online with it having two modems.  Am I correct in assuming that the RUTX14 only has one modem, and as a result to failover from SIM1 to SIM2 there may be a 30 second delay in the network being restored?  I am looking to purchase, and need something that will keep the VPN up 24/7 without downtime.  I prefer the bandwidth of the x14, but if there is a connection delay, I may have to result to the x12.

Any input would be appreciated.

Gary

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I know that with the RUTX12 the failover from SIM1 to SIM2 is instantaneous since both SIM's stay online with it having two modems.  Am I correct in assuming that the RUTX14 only has one modem, and as a result of failover from SIM1 to SIM2 there may be a 30-second delay in the network being restored?
-> Yes, that's correct since RUTX14 is having a single modem switching sim cards may have some time delay plus the re-registering to the ISP network :)

I am looking to purchase, and need something that will keep the VPN up 24/7 without downtime.  I prefer the bandwidth of the x14, but if there is a connection delay, I may have to result to the x12
-> RUTX12 has lesser downtime with it comes to the usage of dual sim cards.

I hope it help

Regards,
Mellow