FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
421 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I have a rather new (maybe half a year) RUT240

After I put FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.3 (last)  it worked like few hours.. I put even inside a .5yr old backup of another RUT240 that is in production, just to save on time.. After that I realized in device or system I'm missing some data, e.g IMEI, temperature 0C??

And maybe an hour or 2 later I got RUT240 blinking all LEDs

Powercyle, reset gives nothing

when I put in power, all LEDs go on, after cca 1s power-LED remains always ON, all other LEDs- WAN LAN signal and 3g/2g/xxx LEDS- Blink forewer.

Any clue?

Tried reset, putting in bootloader mode- no result

Is it an hw error?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Putting 5 years old backups on top of the new firmware is not a good idea. I would try to power cycle the device few more times and reflash firmware via the bootloader menu again. If that does not help, please contact your reseller and return the device to RMA (repairs).

Regars.
by anonymous
Sorry, it is 0.5yr= 6 month, not five year
by anonymous
Also, was the backup file from an identical router model? Full product code can be found on the package box and looks like that: RUT240XXXXXX
by anonymous
source was product code RUT24006XXXX batch 0094

destination product code RUT24006E000 batch 0095

You are telling me that backup and restore function should not work in such small differences? Is the backup and restore meant JUST for 100% equal hw, no matter both of them are sold as RUT240?

If that is the case, I will never again use that functionality..I mean, if I do backups and hw dies, I buy a new RUT 240, there is almost 100% that I can not use the backup?

Thanx in advance
by anonymous

Hi,

I apologize for the late reply. I could not find the RUT24006XXXX product code. Could you specify it even further?

Also, hardware changes are important and that is why you can upload configuration backup files to your device if they were generated on an identical device using the same or an older firmware version 

I would recommend recovering your device using the bootloader menu: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT2xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu

Regards.