FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
444 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I wanted to use RUTX10 as a substitute for eWON Cosy+. As you may know Cosy+ is purely a VPN gateway that can connect your PLC, HMI or other similar devices to your PC via internet and provide you  possibility to program your PLC or HMI.

I am trying to configure my RUTX10 in a same way but I couldn't find one tutorial on your wiki that could help me. I found tutorial about PPTP but I couldn't connect my devices via VPN. Could you guide me or send me tutorial/manual on how to do this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding the scenario you want to implement, I believe you need to do an OpenVPN configuration where you will be using tapped bridge configuration. You can refer to this link for sample configuration:  OpenVPN configuration examples - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com) but in order for you to make a VPN connection you need to have a Public IP address on the Server side. An alternative solution when you don't have a Public IP address you can use the RMS VPN. 

Here is a guide on how to do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVt_Y2kx1dI

I hope it helps

Regards,
Mellow

by anonymous
We have successfully used Openvpn on RUT240, mounted inside machine with PLC, HMI and VFD, etc etc.  machine being at customers site to establish connection with a laptop in our factory. There are few things to consider. If customer can set up their firewall and assign IP Address to the router, this is a bit simpler to connect to from anywhere. If customer can not do that the VPN in the router has to call out and to an IP (Static or if dynamic can use ddns server). It also becomes cumbersome if you have few routers trying to connect to your laptop at the same time. For this reason I tried to use VPN hub on RMS, but still having some issues with routing.