FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
417 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hello everybody, I have a RUT240 router batch no. 099. I can't import a backup of the firmware, which we made with batch no. 098. Both router are firmware V1.14.3 latest. What is the problem?

by anonymous
I have the same problem. But that's crap, when you set up many RUT240 you always take the preconfiguration over such a backup of course. If you can not use the backup for all RUT240, you get completely confused. Or you have to change a setting in the backup, you would have to do that in each backup and have a device of each model of the RUT240 on site to be able to create the backup.

Please build an option (under Advanced) to be able to import the backup anyway.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you tell us the full product codes of both devices? They should look similar to RUT240XXXXXX and can be found on the packaging box.

Regards.
by anonymous
098: RUT2400DE000

099: RUT24006E000
by anonymous
I have found a reason why the backup does not work between these devices:

RUT2400DE000 - does have a MEIG module

RUT240006E00 - does have a Quictel module

Unfortunately, backups are not compatible between different modem modules, because they are from different manufacturers and mobile settings do not apply.

Regards.
by anonymous
Is this a follow-up product and you change the modem hardware completeley or is this a parallel hardware-config?
by anonymous
This is a parallel option. Every other hardware specification is identical apart from a modem module. This product code was made purely to increase our supply capacity and solve the global chip shortage issue.

Regards.