FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
586 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi guys,

When I try ssh to router (ssh root@192.168.1.1) I receive this message: ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.1 port 22: Connection timed out

And if I try by access router from browser I can't too. I receive this message "Invalid username and /or password! Please try again". But I have sure that admin and password are correct.

I have ping to router and I have enable the SSH access in router.

I have a set of routers and in general I don't have problem. But in some cases I can't to do ssh.
I don't have problem with network configurations, because the configurations is the same to all routers (some routers work others don't).

Can you help me?

Thank you very much,
Best Regards
Joel

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

First of all, could you specify which firmware version you are using? If it is not RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.3, please upgrade your router (it will help to avoid old issues that are already fixed in the latest release). If I do understand correctly, you are able to access the router WebUI but when you try to log in it displays an error that the password is incorrect, right? Could you try to reset your router to factory default configuration?

Regards.
Best answer
by anonymous
I don't remember the firmware version, but on other routers we have: RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.2.

But now I try to access the browser and I don't open the page to enter user or pass. And by SSH I can't too.
I have had this problem on other RUT230 routers and the factory reset setting solved the problem.
But I have these routers installed on clients and I would like to fix this problem remotely.
Thanks
Regards.
by anonymous
It would be great if you could ask customers to upgrade the routers to the latest version. Over time our development team has fixed similar issues and patched them through firmware releases.
by anonymous
Initially we configure the router by browser without any problem. After in production mode we access to router using sshpass command. Do you think this command (sshpass) could create some problem with router?
There is some process that we should avoid?
by anonymous
Hello,

I do not think that this command could have an impact such as that. Anyway, have you tried your routers with updated firmware?

Regards.