FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
157 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I can renew the OpenVPN certificate with one that uses the same domain. But we have a number of sites that we wish to rename. If I replace cbid.openvpn.client_VPN.ca, cbid.openvpn.client_VPN.cert and cbid.openvpn.client_VPN.key with files for a different domain name and reboot the RIT, then the VPN connects for a short time after, but then drops the connection and won't restore it.

Is there any way I can achieve the domain change successfully?

Regards,

David.
by anonymous
I tried again. I renewed the certificate at 12:47. I connected to the VPN a couple of minutes after being rebooted (using the new domain name). It took about 10 or so minutes for the computer connected to it to be contactable. Then I could log in remotely (ssh via AWS SSM agent).

I'll check periodically to see if the connection remains active and I can connect to the computer.
by anonymous
Still up and stable.

Perhaps the 2 previous tests where it dropped from the VPN after a couple of hours and needed a new backup loaded to restore the previous settings were caused by something unrelated.
by anonymous
It has remained stable for days. So there must have been something else going on.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I am glad that connection still holds. Please inform us if it will drop once again.

Regards.