FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
800 views 12 comments
by anonymous
Good afternoon!

I have a RUT 955 product. Initially, GPS does not work out of the box.

Version 00.07.00.

The antenna is connected, the GPS service is on (I did not make any more settings in this module).

Through SSH it issues:

root @ Teltonika-RUT955: ~ # gpsctl -seix

1970-01-01 02:00:00

The satellites Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou are activated.

In the Map section - the map shows, but says No GPS signal!
by anonymous
I have se same problem. I got the new device today and updated to newest Firmware. I enabled GPS with all three systems and made no other changes in settings. The GPS antenna has clear view to the sky. In GPS/Map i only get the message "No GPS signal".

I appreciate any advice or update. GPS functionality was the reason to buy this device.

Regards, Fritz

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to ask, do you keep your antenna inside a building or it is outside? Also, is this only one device that behaves as that or there is more?

Regards.
by anonymous

RUT9550033B0.

Yes, the firmware was originally RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3. GPS did not work with it either, and I decided to update it.

The router is new, I took it from stock to help my partner set up.

by anonymous
If I do understand correctly, the device does not pick up the GPS signal completely even if the antenna is placed outside?
by anonymous
Exactly. I opened the window and secured it outside. No changes
by anonymous
Could you send a troubleshoot file to me via private message once the issue reproduces (antenna outside, but router does not receive GPS fix)?

Regards.
by anonymous