FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
368 views 4 comments
by anonymous

I have successfully used the VPN HUB beta for a few weeks with a remote RUT240. It has been a great service. I realise it is in Beta.

Recently I have been unable to connect to this as a client from a laptop with OpenVPN connect installed - previously this setup had been flawless.

I've tried to restart the VPN client service in the RUT240 (I assume it is a client to an RMS VPN server in the cloud).

I've restarted the RMS VPN Hub - no help.

Is there a "status" page for the VPN hub service - if there are known issues I can check its operational status?

The logs of the failures I get from the laptop client are not helpful (to my eye), but here they are: (I've replaced any potential private info with XX's)

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:46:31] Connecting to XXXXXXXXXX via UDPv4

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:46:31] EVENT: CONNECTING ⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:46:31] Tunnel Options:V4,dev-type tun,link-mtu 1541,tun-mtu 1500,proto UDPv4,keydir 1,cipher BF-CBC,auth SHA1,keysize 128,tls-auth,key-method 2,tls-client

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:46:31] Creds: UsernameEmpty/PasswordEmpty

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:46:31] Peer Info:

IV_VER=3.git::d06e216e

IV_PLAT=mac

IV_NCP=2

IV_TCPNL=1

IV_PROTO=30

IV_CIPHERS=AES-256-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

IV_AUTO_SESS=1

IV_GUI_VER=OCmacOS_3.3.0-3924

IV_SSO=openurl,crtext

IV_BS64DL=1

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:47:11] EVENT: CONNECTION_TIMEOUT  BYTES_IN : 3934

BYTES_OUT : 48219

PACKETS_IN : 8

PACKETS_OUT : 57

NETWORK_SEND_ERROR : 10

CONNECTION_TIMEOUT : 1

N_RECONNECT : 2

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:47:11] EVENT: DISCONNECTED ⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:47:13] Raw stats on disconnect:

BYTES_IN : 3934

BYTES_OUT : 48219

PACKETS_IN : 8

PACKETS_OUT : 57

NETWORK_SEND_ERROR : 10

CONNECTION_TIMEOUT : 1

N_RECONNECT : 2

⏎[Oct 4, 2021, 09:47:13] Performance stats on disconnect:

CPU usage (microseconds): 15267826

Network bytes per CPU second: 3415

Tunnel bytes per CPU second: 0

by anonymous
The answer for me was that the Teltonika employee created a user account in my VPN hub to test and it worked fine for them. This then suddenly made my system work normally, without any changes at my end.

I think the workaround if this happens to anyone, is to delete their client profiles in the VPN hub, create new clients, and download a new profile.
by anonymous
I had the same issue as above. Deleting the client profiles and setting them up again with new routes worked for me.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you tell me your RMS company ID and VPN Hub name? I will investigate your Hub from my own PC.

Regards.
by anonymous
Thanks, I have pm'd you the details.
by anonymous
Hi,

We have the same problems with our VPN-hubs. We are trying to reach a RUT240. Mostly it works fine. Sometimes we need to restart the VPN-hub. But at some point, after some weeks or a month the HUB suddenly stops working. It's not possible to get it working by restarting. The only solution we have now is to create a new hub. The the connection will work again. This is extremely annoying and causes extra work since since all clients need to be updated with new connection details.

At the moment I have two hubs that is not working and one that is working. All with the exact same settings.

Any solution to this problem.

UPDATE:

Seems like the HUB is working again after the RUT-device is removed and re-added to the clients list.