FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,350 views 3 comments
by

Hi,

Great work guys! I enjoy managing the fleet with Teltonika platform.

Please help me out with this RMS issue.

I have an ESP32 device running a HTTP Server on port 80, and I recently added to it Basic HTTP Auth, and from that point on I can't remotely access the interface.

Of course I followed https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/How_to_configure_remote_access_to_LAN_devices_in_RMS%3F

Something strange though, when I check the "USE CUSTOM BASIC-AUTH", after is saved, it becomes unchecked.

So I can't connect to my device since I added the Basic HTTP Auth function to it. I also tried to manually inject the "Authorization" header through the web UI link generated from the "DEVICE ACCESS LINK" popup. No luck.

Thanks.

by

As a workaround for now, I managed to just forward a port to my device and by accessing Router's public IP with port 2001 the Basic HTTP Auth kicked in :)

EDIT: I am able to access it using the private WAN IP, not the public IP of the router! So this solution is not good for me. I ended up creating a secrete URL that bypasses the Basic HTTP auth for 5 min, in order to be able to use the RMS Teltonika service. So please let me know if you are able to fix this issue. Thanks!

Notice the RMS_* entry from the platform and my manual entry from the Network > Port Forwarding section.

I'm wondering is it possible that only ports 1800 or 2000-2200 are valid? If so I suggest you state that more clear than a placeholder inside an input ;)

Thanks.

by

Hmm I changed from the RMS platform and use port 2002, now the device is responding to an IP, but still nothing is displayed in the browser.

I expected to see the Basic HTTP Auth popup, instead of a blank page.

I hope this helps to figure out what's happening there.

Cheers!

by anonymous
Hello,

Does the issue still persist? If yes, could you PM me with your RMS profile name so one of our programmers could look into it.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

I have checked remote access feature via RMS and seems it working? Does issue persist for you? Have you tried to restore router settings to defaults?