FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
270 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello

RMS VPN seems like a very interesting VPN service, but, if I understand it correctly after trying a setup, it seems that I cannot route complete LAN subnets behind every participating client in the HUB?

I've tried this by setting up a HUB and then adding the route to the LAN with an auto-scan which worked. But when I tried to set up a manual route for the whole LAN behind the RUT it didn't work.

So, are there some hard limitations to RMS VPN? It's hard to find any detailed documentation on it.

My goal is to build a complete routable VPN WAN with many participating RUT devices with this service without having to add the specific devices to the route tables. I need fully routed subnets.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have tested your use case scenario my self and it worked for me. I have routed the whole RUT device LAN and I was able to reach all the devices connected to RUT from the PC that is connected to the RMS VPN hub.

My configuration:

After applying configuration and restarting the VPN hub, I have managed to ping the device with IP 192.168.1.218

Regards.

by anonymous

Thank you for your input.

Then I suspect there's something else that is not right.

I've noticed that you cannot set up a new RUT device with the startup wizard if you try to configure the LAN with a smaller subnet, say a /28 size. I always have to revert to a /24 to get the wizard to go through.

This configuration does not work for me, and I guess that I could get it to work with full class C /24 subnets;

Subnetted LANs

If I use the auto-scan feature and pinpoint the specific device, it works.

Then the routes have a netmask of 255.255.255.255.