FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
419 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I am trying to interface Tibbo's Sensor probes (Modbus RS485 Serial RTU) with RUT955 and get their data uploaded to an mqtt server.

Interface with sensors is working after i installed the RS485 Serial Master package. I can see data coming in using test feature.

But cannot find any way of uploading this data to an MQTT server. i have tried Data2Server feature but no luck. Enclosing the config i am using for Data2Server.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If you do receive data via Modbus serial master test feature then its definitely something wrong with data to server configuration.

I would like to ask if your router is able to reach test.mosquitto.org host? Could you try to ping this url from router CLI?

Regards.
Best answer
by anonymous

Thank you very much VykintasKuzma,

Yes it surely can access that, ping is successful. Infact if i turn on the modbus mqtt gateway i believe it can be reached too but i get this error. i believe its because the command i am sending is trying to connect to a Modbus RTU which isnt available.

It feels like both MQTT Gateway and Data to Server features are only aimed at TCP Modbus. Can someone confirm that kindly?

65432 ERROR: Failed to open socket

PING test.mosquitto.org (5.196.95.208): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 5.196.95.208: seq=0 ttl=54 time=94.634 ms

64 bytes from 5.196.95.208: seq=1 ttl=54 time=88.175 ms

64 bytes from 5.196.95.208: seq=2 ttl=54 time=58.154 ms

by anonymous
Update: you were right.  I foolishly thought that if i donot set anything in json field it will take defaults. once i explicitly set how to format data in the Data2Server feature, it started spewing out data :)

Thanks for your help.