FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
574 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

When trying to edit the settings for MOB1S1A1 on a RUT950 I get the following error in the Chrome Console;

Uncaught (in promise) {"req":["uci","set",{"config":"network","section":"globals","values":{"_reinit":"1-1"}}],"error":{"code":4,"message":"Not found"}}

How to replicate;

1. Use RUT950 with firmware 00.07.00 (upgraded from RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.7)
2. On reboot the device fails to connect to RMS (when checking with rms_status I get Disconnected, Error: Failed to resolve hostname.)
3. Give it a few hours, sometimes the device comes up by itself, sometimes a reboot is required (and more waiting)
4. Once the device is online in RMS, go to Network -> Interfaces and click on the edit button for 
MOB1S1A1
5. Untoggle "Use DNS server advertised by peer"
6. Supply a custom DNS server: 8.8.8.8
 Open the Chrome Debug Console
8. Click on "Save and Apply" in the settings window.
9. The loading spinner shows up but never disappears.
10. Error: 
Uncaught (in promise) {"req":["uci","set",{"config":"network","section":"globals","values":{"_reinit":"1-1"}}],"error":{"code":4,"message":"Not found"}} in the Chrome Debug Console.

What I was trying to do, was to supply a custom DNS server to see if that circumvents the bug where the device is unable to connect to RMS due to "Disconnected, Error: Failed to resolve hostname."

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the detailed description and steps to reproduce, but I have not managed to reproduce the issue on my own router.

I would recommend to re-install the RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.3 firmware version via the bootloader menu: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT9xx_Firmware_via_The_Bootloader_Menu and then update your router to RUT9_R_00.07.00 once gain without keeping settings.

Let me know if the issue will arise again.

Best regards.

by anonymous
While this seems to have alleviated the issue, doing a factory reset and firmware upgrade like this requires physical presence.

The whole deal with Teltonikas RMS system is to avoid having to travel to the destination. Especially so when one has about 200+ devices one needs to maintain.